RPGM Abandoned Amie Dungeon [v0.63.2.0] [moodytail]

Magister Masquerade

Jun 24, 2018
They have a robust ero-scene because japs buy ero-games. When they work for months on a nukige they have more than hopes regarding the sales. The western market is more unpredictable, so most devs are indie and they usually dont do shit unless they're backed. And they can afford the milking because there's money in the western ero-market too, but the consumers reward the wrong devs, so it's pretty much a dog chasing his tail.
Considering that more than a few people spent several hundred bucks over the price of an eventually $15-$30 game that isn't near finished and in some cases basically abandoned (again summertime saga), and that some of these games have received many times the funding and dev time of famous indie darlings, I couldn't disagree with you more.

You're crazy if you think Summertime Saga wouldn't sell once complete. It already makes them half a mil or more a year with no work.

It really sounds like you're just making excuses for them, but that's besides the point since you don't seem to be really arguing against the fact that it's mostly western devs that are doing this patreon/subscribstar milking routine.

And you cannot logically argue against the fact that this gives them a huge incentive to never actually finish the game, because they are literally make more money than they would should they actually finish it.

That's all I'm saying. This milking problem is mostly a western ero dev thing. The top 10 pron games on both sites are western games, none of them are anywhere near complete, all are making insane amounts of money and have been in dev for laughable periods of time.

Reactions: Hatsu3

Magister Masquerade

Jun 24, 2018
Reminds me of TiTS, which has been in development since at least early 2014 and still hasn't finished the story.
Reminds me of a lot of games here, lol. Stuff comes out daily complete on dlsite and steam from Japanese devs, while we've been waiting on some western games for like a decade now.

And it's always excuses, new engine, code rewrite, art rework, blah blah blah. Guys like the one who respond to me just don't seem to see the problem with this, which is baffling to me, but I mean, I guess people continue to fund them without care so eh I must be the weird one out.

Reactions: Bricecube

Dooder

Aug 21, 2017
Unpopular opinion I know... but notice how many Japanese indie devs just finish their damn game and release it... and many of the big western ones perpetually milk these services despite earning many times the amount and spending many times the dev time of games far superior to them (i.e. Hollow Knight lmao).
Western devs: Show grand ideas for game, never complete it.
Japanese devs: Show great premise with screenshots and description, its just shovelware with barely any content.
There is no winning no matter what side you look at.

Henbunny

Mar 10, 2022
ok so what do i do at "amie" part of the game do i hold click and move my mouse, but how do i ack out of it im stuck