Ren'Py Legend of Krystal Parody - The New Adventure [Act 3 v0.03] [ShineSL]

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes

KryzstofGryc

Jun 7, 2018
this game and the yandere series are the cursed games that never left development hell, who could possible break this ancient curse, we can only pray

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
I remember that game. Might be a dumb question, but why don't we see games like that on here ever? I know there used to be a ton of flash games.
You answered yourself. Flash-based. Flash is long dead so suddenly people moved to "proper" ways...that they have no idea how to work with.

Since the whole process is usually complicated for an average Joe, the people that could make something of value in Flash-like environment, are now stuck in neverending development/bugfixing/learning loop for Unity/UE etc.

I wish there was something to replace Flash in that regard but years go by and nothing shows up that would stick.

Oh wow, how much time this game has and it doesnt have more than 10 changelogs, is this game even worth trying? every single time I see a "krystal" game it gets abandoned, such a shame
Yeah, it's a parody (not a full-blown game project...that would be cursed :D) that is VN-style based (prerecorded animations in SL but look nice so I dont mind). Fun for what it is, though focus on ACT2 for now. ACT3 is still heavily in the works.

Reactions: Spleendreams

Thechamel

Jan 10, 2023
Hello I wanted to try the game starting from act1, so i found it hidden in the about of the act2...
Well no matter, but then I learn there is a higher definition version in a note in the file...
I try to downloading it, after testing that the act 1 lower res version worked I delete it and then try to play the higher one but it doesn't even launch...
The game looks really good so I really want to give it a proper chance so is there a fix or a way to make it work or do I have to wait 6 hours for mega to give me back some quota...

Last edited:

ShineSL

Jul 30, 2024
Oh wow, how much time this game has and it doesnt have more than 10 changelogs, is this game even worth trying? every single time I see a "krystal" game it gets abandoned, such a shame

This is because each item contains a huge amount of content on its own, and I’m not a fan of describing point by point - what sexual positions can be seen in this or that point, what variations of choice there may be, and so on. I prefer to give a general description of what awaits the player in a game update, perhaps this is not very professional, but I have never pretended to be a professional game developer, more amateur.

ShineSL

Jul 30, 2024
this game and the yandere series are the cursed games that never left development hell, who could possible break this ancient curse, we can only pray
As I have said many times (but not on this forum) - as long as I have the opportunity to continue making the game, I will do it. Unfortunately, there are now enough reasons that can interfere with my work, but for now, thanks to good friends, I manage to maintain the opportunity to create content.

Reactions: Buziol

ShineSL

Jul 30, 2024
"Dodging (High success, but low counter damage)" my ass. Five straight dodge choices and all of them gets caught by the fucking robot

Same problem with the careful attack. High success my ass, I always get countered???

Edit: I just save scummed my way out of that. Still kinda pissed with the broken odds.

The battle will be much easier if you manage to find a mine and take a companion with you to fight the robot. It was also possible to pump up the power of the blow to all the credits and try to hit all the enemies through a careful attack mode, in this mode there is a greater chance of dodging. But the battle can be avoided by finding the password for the hangar doors (hint - it is in the station commander’s center, on one of the terminals).

However, in Act 3 I will review the combat system and try to make it more interesting, for example, when leveling up strength, there will be a higher chance of critical damage, and when leveling up agility, there will be a higher chance of dodging. But I haven’t yet figured out how best to implement this, although I have several ideas on how it should look in code.

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
As I have said many times (but not on this forum) - as long as I have the opportunity to continue making the game, I will do it. Unfortunately, there are now enough reasons that can interfere with my work, but for now, thanks to good friends, I manage to maintain the opportunity to create content.
You never ever can forget that people dont dig deep for information; sure, the internet does provide us with many opportunities to search for stuff, but if there is a box like this where we can ask without doing the minimum work, or can just speak our mind completly free of any clue, we will do so ;)
Sarcasm aside
While at first i was a little concerned about the size of update, i have to say i didnt expect the scenes to be this long. Since im no native english speaker, i cant comment about the quality like others, but for me it was fine - but i can endure MachineTranslation to a despicable degree so, let that box check another one. Models are great, even if i have the feeling these Sharpclaw sauriers are bigger then the previous ones (but thats not bad or my fuzzy memory)
I am not sure about the "chat with Kita before sleep or loose dialogue". on One hand, it makes absolutely sense, you discuss the current day and get a response to what happened. On the other one, i think it wouldnt be so bad to make it mandatory to speak to her first before you can go to sleep, as she is kind of your patron.
A definitive minus is the travel option. the constant confirmation to go where i just said i wanted to go is tedious; and with the standard roll back function unnecessary in my mind, if you go wrong, scroll back and everythings back in order (those who had trouble with fights in previous versions know what i mean ^^)

On a personal note, i hope you can get back some of your lost funds, or find a new way. While not everybody may like your versions of Krystal, i personally applaud your work. You are far less cursed then others (2 Acts finished, the 3rd one got his big updates despite great troubles) and for the first time in a while i have optimism for a Krystal game. I would rate your games positive, but my rights to do so got revoked for... being too vocal on Krystal games ^^

Reactions: ShineSL

kwanlier

Oct 26, 2019
Although I have some gripes about the combat system, I really do enjoy your game (y)
Despite how "curse" Krystal game is, I really have hope for your game and I wish you a smooth development of this game and your video making.

Reactions: ShineSL

ShineSL

Jul 30, 2024
I am not sure about the "chat with Kita before sleep or loose dialogue". on One hand, it makes absolutely sense, you discuss the current day and get a response to what happened. On the other one, i think it wouldnt be so bad to make it mandatory to speak to her first before you can go to sleep, as she is kind of your patron.
I have already given a note in the game itself - why I did this, but I think I will repeat - the reason is that my game is not linear, and at some point the player can, without finishing one quest line (and as the game develops there will be quite a few quests), go to complete some another quest on next day, then abandon it halfway, and go complete the third quest on next day after... So - what kind of conversation should Kita start when the player comes to her on the next night after all of the above?... No, of course I can try to develop a whole list of points for every occasion in the code, but this list in the end may turn out to be too large and confusing, and one error in the code and that’s it, the game is broken. And I will constantly have to rethink this list as new quests appear... No, thanks.

A definitive minus is the travel option. the constant confirmation to go where i just said i wanted to go is tedious; and with the standard roll back function unnecessary in my mind, if you go wrong, scroll back and everythings back in order (those who had trouble with fights in previous versions know what i mean ^^)
Players sometimes miss-click, which is why I added a require action confirmation in some places. There is a map for quick travel. Of course, players also can use the mouse wheel function (I deliberately did not remove it from the game so that, for example, in battles, the player could easily replay a bad move), but not everyone knows about it. Not everyone even reads the description of the game in the game itself, and therefore many, judging by the messages on this forum, cannot find Act-1, although there is a link to it in the description of the game itself.

On a personal note, i hope you can get back some of your lost funds, or find a new way. While not everybody may like your versions of Krystal, i personally applaud your work. You are far less cursed then others (2 Acts finished, the 3rd one got his big updates despite great troubles) and for the first time in a while i have optimism for a Krystal game. I would rate your games positive, but my rights to do so got revoked for... being too vocal on Krystal games ^^

I would argue about the number of curses, because I've had a lot of them in recent years, I'm just not usually one of those who just gives up easily, but thank you for your kind words, I will hope for the best, but at the same time prepare for the worst. Actually as usual.

ShineSL

Jul 30, 2024
Although I have some gripes about the combat system, I really do enjoy your game (y)
Despite how "curse" Krystal game is, I really have hope for your game and I wish you a smooth development of this game and your video making.
Thank you for your kind words, and I'm glad you like my work. And although I'm still not sure when I'll return to creating regular videos, but, if speak about the game, for now I intend to continue making it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: andresblinky

Sharun

Jun 29, 2017
Yeah i did not consider coding/programming in my "Wish List" My idea was simple: You do this job on a day, you will have the specific discussion automatically by going to bed. But as i said, i didnt think about ways to implement any of that, sorry.

About the map, is it in already? Havent seen a way to open it

ShineSL

Jul 30, 2024
Yeah i did not consider coding/programming in my "Wish List" My idea was simple: You do this job on a day, you will have the specific discussion automatically by going to bed. But as i said, i didnt think about ways to implement any of that, sorry.

About the map, is it in already? Havent seen a way to open it

Yes, unfortunately, the implementation of this or that idea may turn out to be more difficult than it is worth, and sometimes it is easier to abandon such ideas. At least until all the quests are added to the game and maybe I’ll decide to play around a little with all this.

Yes, I added an interactive map, although there are only 3 points for quick movement, but for now they are quite enough.

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
Yes, unfortunately, the implementation of this or that idea may turn out to be more difficult than it is worth, and sometimes it is easier to abandon such ideas. At least until all the quests are added to the game and maybe I’ll decide to play around a little with all this.

Yes, I added an interactive map, although there are only 3 points for quick movement, but for now they are quite enough.
Is it too early to ask what kind of additions you might add in the future? Like pregnancy for example.

404NoNamegr

Dec 5, 2019
Oh no, not in plans yet, but maybe more close to the end of the game's plot there will be one of the possible forks in this direction
Will the new artstyle of the faces in the latest patreon images for the lizardmen be replacing the current one we have for all the models or at least for the males? Seems better to me tbh.

ShineSL

Jul 30, 2024
Will the new artstyle of the faces in the latest patreon images for the lizardmen be replacing the current one we have for all the models or at least for the males? Seems better to me tbh.

I don't think I'll remove the old characters completely from the game (since there is already quite a lot of content with them, and I am not in the mood to redo it), but in new locations I'll try to use updated characters more often.

I didn't know ShineSL made games

It all started as an experiment, the purpose of which was to add some variety to my work, but I seemed to be getting something interesting, and I’m not one of those who likes to leave work unfinished.

Reactions: 404NoNamegr

sylase

Formerly 'Sylace'
Apr 22, 2023
first of all, i am not a furry
but, i really like blue women, i like very much the models shape, textures could be better, lighting (or lack of) is really bad

if i may, use some depth of field, blur things in the distance, maybe some sort of slight fog
try increasing a bit the contrast to hide some of the not so good textures

overall good game, i tried it a while ago there was basically nothing in it, current version is great, i agree this might be the least cured krystal game, gj ShineSL hope to see more

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes