Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
As far as navigation, after a certain point I end up just teleporting everywhere because navigating the intervening areas gets annoying. I kind of wish this would be changed to just a fast travel ability that unlocks, as needing to constantly refill mana to teleport can get annoying.

I do really like the idea of having label on things, but how do you handle locations with multiple areas? Sometimes the hardest part is remembering where the obscure location is.

Vaars

May 6, 2021
I've played the game enough to know where locations are so navigation really isn't a problem. I can see how it'd be confusing for a new player but once you unlock the teleport spell an start marking places you start to logically connect the town. As long as that style of map is a toggle because I won't need it and I prefer the non map pictures that are already in the game.

Side note: having played again, have you considered extending Rathdown road so it connects to Chesire Road? Just underneath the Ross house there. Or putting in an alley or something? That way you would have a circle around the town and everytime I'm at the hotel or east side of the town I don't need to go Town Hall > Library > Kollam Street to get to the shops.
View attachment 3998779
I would support taht. I recently replayed, tried to walk more and releport less, and know the map very well. The School-Library-Town Hall-Hotel corridor is at some point getting treally tiresome. connecting Rathdown Road to cherise road or Broken Oar Street makes a lot of sense (when you go with bambi and mia to the gym, you have to walk though 5 or 6 Screns to go back to the Hotel...)

also, i just realized, after looking at the Screenshot: how do you unlock the firestation? there is no content there yet, afaik, but it odesnt show up in my Save. There also doesnt seem to be a Line for it in the Cheats-Places Menu? Same for the (Adult)movie Theater (though that might be a sub-flag?)

Reactions: Deepsea

ruyin

Sep 22, 2016
Any Preferences Here
I was just playing around with trying to address some comments and feedback (mostly elsewhere) about navigation.

This is a variation of using the phone map quick walk option, instead now when you are outside it will show an extract of the map with clickable locations, The standard buttons could be hidden for walking elsewhere or retained. The example here retains them for people's homes but not for nearby streets. You can click on the image on the houses or street names to walk to the location like clicking the button would of.

Just checking if this seem helpful or not. There is a fair bit of work to get all streets/areas working but the basic
'engine' is done

I will probably remove the 'here' icon and see if I can get the label for Cherise Rd' turned right side up, but it is likely related to the path being drawn so could be a pain to correct.
Looks great! I think it will really help new players.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Any Preferences Here
I was just playing around with trying to address some comments and feedback (mostly elsewhere) about navigation.

This is a variation of using the phone map quick walk option, instead now when you are outside it will show an extract of the map with clickable locations, The standard buttons could be hidden for walking elsewhere or retained. The example here retains them for people's homes but not for nearby streets. You can click on the image on the houses or street names to walk to the location like clicking the button would of.

Just checking if this seem helpful or not. There is a fair bit of work to get all streets/areas working but the basic
'engine' is done

I will probably remove the 'here' icon and see if I can get the label for Cherise Rd' turned right side up, but it is likely related to the path being drawn so could be a pain to correct.
Hi all
on this I have had few replies, one liking it, most that they would turn it off and not use it, or prefer something else like some comments at the Hypnopics Collective.

As such I will not proceed with the change

I will consider the requested alley asked for above

Vaars

May 6, 2021
Hi all
on this I have had few replies, one liking it, most that they would turn it off and not use it, or prefer something else like some comments at the Hypnopics Collective.

As such I will not proceed with the change

I will consider the requested alley asked for above
I would also add as another Suggestion adding a "Main Street" that combines the main street and scholastic Road, therefore having one Street from which one can directly access School, Library and Town Hall, as well as potentially Hotel. This would be a rather major redesign of the Layout, i know (and I cant judge from the outside how much work it would be) but it would save on sooo much clicking/walking back and forth along this corridor I mentioned above

4.30 star(s) 61 Votes